Dimand is about to transform the neighborhood of Agios Dionysios, with the redevelopment of the former Papastratos facilities. Our first milestone, the completion of the first building PIRAEUS PORT PLAZA 1 which already houses the offices of a multinational company, has been reached and the results were better than expected. The reconstructed building has created a golden future for the Port of Piraeus with LEED certification to the GOLD level that verifies sustainable achievements.
A number of innovative and energy conservation measures were taken during the construction:
• Passive design strategies in cooperation with daylight and occupancy sensors.
• Light pollution reduction strategies with highly efficient LED fixtures
• Use of environmentally friendly materials focused on protecting both the health of construction workers and the building users.
• A complete transformation of the former warehouse building was implemented with innovative design solutions, such as the creation of multiple windows in order to create views and pathways that would allow air and light to move freely through it.
• A small oasis was created within an interior courtyard
• Τhe former loading and parking areas were transformed into vast vegetated open space with shading structures and blooming native flora
• The newly constructed basement houses bicycle parking areas and electrical vehicle charging stations
The unique sustainable detail of rain water and air-conditioning condensate collection for the irrigation of the aforementioned landscape areas, the redesign of the storm water system, the unique rain water pipes that stand out, are details that enhance the vision behind the building: To create a sustainable, uniquely designed futuristic world.